Star Gazing at Hawkstowe Park
Come and join the fun at Hawkstowe Park to celebrate Earth Hour 2019. City of Whittlesea have partnered with Parks Victoria, Merri Creek Management Committee and the Astronomical Society of Victoria (ASV) to deliver FREE activities:
- Bring Your Own Waste Free Picnic, 5.30pm-7pm: Take advantage of the picturesque Hawkstowe Park picnic area by bringing your own minimal waste picnic to share with family and friends. A gift will be awarded to the group with the least waste. The winners will also feature on Council’s Facebook page.
- Minibeast Discovery, 5.30pm-7pm: Discover a bug’s world and get to know some tiny critters and what they mean to our environment. Peer through a microscope into the world of a minibeast.
- Junior Ranger Walk with Parks Victoria, 7pm-8pm: Join the Ranger on a guided walk to explore the physical and natural values of Plenty Gorge Park. Discover the variety of wildlife living along the Plenty River. See how many different birds and animals you can find.
- Frog census with Merri Creek Management Committee, 7pm- 8pm: Walk and talk around the wetland to learn about the frogs of Whittlesea. Learn to recognise different frog calls and help collect important data for the frog census.
- Stargazing with the Astronomical Society of Victoria 8.30pm-10pm: Look at the constellations and learn about the cosmos. ASV astronomers will be on hand with telescopes. Registrations begin at 8.15pm.
The art gallery at historic Le Page Homestead will be open by Plenty Valley Arts from 6.00pm-8.00pm.
Hot drinks will be served by Mill Park Garden Club for a gold coin donation.
Bookings are essential at https://whittlesea.eventarc.net/e/42343. For more information contact Council’s Sustainability Planning Department on (03) 9217 2042 or email@example.com.
Saturday, March 30 at 5:30pm
Le Page Homestead
Hawkstowe Park at Plenty Gorge, Gordons Road, South Morang 3752